Sunday, April 29, 2012

What is wrong with Brilliant Pala Engineering Rank Predictor?

One of the famous entrance coaching center in Kerala named Brilliant Pala has come up with a KEAM Engineering Rank predictor. Well I did a quick review and below are my observations.


Screen shot of Brilliant Pala Engg Rank Predictor
Here are some of the limitations of this tool
  • Only Engineering Entrance Marks can be entered. Well Class 12 marks has 50% weightage to the over all ranking. Not including the Class 12 marks will give wrong results.
  • This tool gives a wide range of ranks for a particular mark entered. For example when I entered 500 I got a rank range of 1001 to 2000. This tool does not give close range of ranks.
  • I do not understand why a candidate need to give name and email to find the rank range.
Anyways you guys can give a try and let me what do you think of this tool from Brillant Pala. You can get more accurate results from Parinama Insights. You have to enter the total marks (Entrance Exam and Class 12) to the tool to get a more accurate rank range. Read my earlier post on how to calculate your marks to get a more accurate rank estimation. Please note all the tools give only estimated ranks and it has no bearing on your final ranks.

Other people are reading these hot posts now...